Sunday 10 May 2009

Fury Top Ten ---> 10 <---

Ok, time for the final piece of the puzzle to Fury Warrior Greatness.

Now this might sound cheesy, but the final bit that you will need to work on is you.

I save this for no. 10, not because it's not important, but because this part will take the longest and should not be rushed. It's all about learning how to play (aka l2p). I myself am currently on this stage, it's why I created this blog. So I can't say anything cool and kung fu-like such as "you must master your rage or rage will become your master", I'm not even a theorycrafter or even amongst the best of the fury warriors on my server. I just love to play it, and I'm inviting you all to join me and share our experiences here on Pretty in Plate!

But I will try and set you on the path, cause I sense much rage in you. Rage leads to fury, fury leads to dps - and dps leads to awesomeness! "Rawr rawr moo moo", as Schneekuh likes to shout when she's happy with the outcome of her battles.

First, get a feel for your rage generation in different situations. You should always know how the next seconds will go so that you can adapt your rotation of attacks and abilities to be the most optimal.

Second, get comfortable with your gcd. You want a nice, steady rythm to what you're doing. We swing our weapons in big slow arcs, we do not pepper our enemies with lots of tiny holes like rogues or enhancement shamans. Know what boosters you have that don't trigger the gcd, and get a feel for what downtime the different attacks have.

Thirdly, adapt on the battlefield, placing yourself wisely. If you have tank, stand behind the enemy. You don't get hit by cleaves, you miss less often and crit more often and you don't trigger something called "Parry Haste" (which is bad for the tank, I'll just leave it at that).
Furthermore, it is vital to learn the range and effect from Whirlwind. Yes, we wan't to use it as much as possible, but it can be a source of trouble sometimes. Be wary of CC:ed mobs, currently un-tanked mobs etc.

I'll just leave it at that for now - as I meantioned at the start of this post, this is something that you'll have to work out over time. For now, just adapt an analytic attitude and try to think about what you're doing. At least try to start l2p a week or so after you've re-specced :)

That was the Top Ten List, thank your for reading!


RAWR RAWR MOO MOO!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment