Monday 31 August 2009

3.2, a tad late

When 3.2 hit, it felt like upside-down-world was here. I was mostly focusing on the fact that AttT and Bloodrage was getting buffed, and didn't really consider what the badge changes would do.

Now we're almost a month in and I haven't written anything about it yet - and I blame this new badges system. I know I know, cheap shot but how many out there except the hardcores didn't go "amagawd!" when it hit?
Our RF has had its problems, which meant that we were stomping around in the outskirts of Ulduar killing a boss here and a boss there without a real flow (aka Farm :P ). But the Emblem of Valor was stacking up nicely and the right loot was rolled out on the wheelbarrows.

Suddenly it started raining Emblems of Conquest over everyone and their cat. This was not even 10-man Ulduar emblems, this was 25-man Ulduar. So we had to face the fact that for some damn reason it was better to do ALL heroics everyday rather than one-clear-a-week of Ulduar. I'm not even gonna go into the fact that two freaking Emblems of Triumph can be had every day as well.
Now we have a Normal version instance that drops epics that quite a few in the RF (regulars, with all the gear they need up until now) actually wants! Not to mention the Heroic version. As far as I could see, almost every single item I've gathered during the last months could be replaced quickly and extremely easy in 3.2.

And there lies the problem. I don't raid to be first about anything. I don't raid to get "ftwpwnzor lewt". I raid to face a challenge, to get a sense of accomplishment. I can get that in our small, humble RF since the challenge is there - only different from the progress racers out there.

And at the moment I have no idea what the challenge is actually supposed to be. To be honest, I don't even care about my dps anymore. Who knows what it's supposed to be? I keep replacing gear!

What I have noticed that is a bit interesting is that ArP is getting stacked all over the place, and +hit removed at the same time. I'm actually facing the situation of struggling to keep my hit cap. Once the gearing process settles down a bit I will get back to this subject matter.



No comments:

Post a Comment